Donating ‘Living On A PEG’ paperback books for St John’s Infusion Center patients.
The people at St John’s Hospital’s Infusion Center have been doing a great job of keeping me alive. They supply all the information, training, equipment and supplies I need to make it through each day.
I have purchased several of my ‘Living on a PEG‘ paperbacks. It is my intention to deliver those books to the Infusion Center so they can give them away to new patients who would like to know what the Enteral Nutrition experience is going to be like.
The Home Infusion Program at St. John’s Hospital provides quality, comprehensive home infusion therapies to patients of all ages. To provide continuity from the hospital or office throughout therapy, product delivery and patient education is coordinated by a registered nurse.
• Enteral nutrition/Tube feedings
• Total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
Patients may feel a little apprehensive about managing treatment at home, which is a normal reaction. We understand these feelings and help with preparation for therapy at home.
• The patient and/or a member of the household is trained to perform procedures involved in care.
• Prescription and supply needs are determined.
• Supplies, materials and prescriptions are delivered to the home.